Hamburger Bun Recipe (using Potato Refrigerator Dough)
- Use 1/3 of the Potato Refrigerator Dough recipe. Section it into 8 equal parts.
- Shape each part into smooth ball on lightly floured surface then flatten to about 1/2 inch (this should make your dough rounds approximately 3" across).
- Place about 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheet (or use a silicone mat on the baking sheet).
- Loosely cover the dough with a cloth and set aside to rise until doubled in size, approximately 60 to 90 minutes, depending on the humidity and temperature of your kitchen. (I usually rise dough in my oven with the light bulb on).
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Brush buns egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds or poppy seeds if desired.
- Bake until golden brown, 20 - 22 minutes.
- Makes 8 hamburger buns.