Crescent Rolls are one of the variations for Potato Refrigerator Dough provided with the recipe in my 1973 Betty Crocker Cookbook.
|1973 version on the left, 1950's reprint copy on the right|
To Make Your Refrigerator Dough Crescent Rolls:
- Roll 1/4 of the Potato Refrigerator Dough Recipe into a 12-inch circle.
- Cut into 16 wedges (I used a pizza cutter).
- Spread dough with softened butter.
- Roll up, beginning at rounded edge.
- Place rolls, with points underneath, on greased cookie sheet (or parchment paper or silicone baking mat).
- Cover loosely and let rise until double, 60 to 90 minutes.
- Gently brush the tops with melted butter. Too much pressure could cause your dough to fall.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake until light brown, 15 to 17 minutes. Makes 16 rolls.
Mmmm! Light, fluffy, and delicious...especially with a pat of butter!